- The arts foster civic engagement, stimulate economic activity, and increase cultural empathy, and thus play a crucial role in sustaining thriving communities.
- Every resident deserves access to a variety of arts and cultural experiences, in their community.
- Arts education is central to the development of all children and to ongoing creative engagement for people of all ages.
- Artists and arts organizations require a social environment that values and supports their contributions, encourages excellence, enhances entrepreneurship, and fosters a substantive network.
- The breadth, depth, and diversity of artistic and cultural life are critical measures of the vitality of the community we serve
Raised in Minneapolis, Brian worked 33 years in State and City Public Safety services, with the final working years as City of Virginia Fire Chief. Hi is past President of many professional organizations including Minnesota State Fire Chiefs. Brian has in Virginia since 1997. He enjoys golf, sailing and classical music.
Dan Engel, Vice President
Dan Engel joined our board as a parent of actors in Small Parts Players Children's Theatre Company. He is on staff of Barr Engineering as a Wetland Ecologist. Dan and his family are huge supporters of the arts in our area and is effective in grant writing, planning and logistics.
Interested in becoming a member of our Board of Directors or working on a task force or committee? Complete and send in our application and we'll be in touch.